What are the new Shopify Flow features?
The new Shopify Flow features will allow you to schedule workflows to run at a specific time and date, without needing a commerce event to kick things off. You can also leverage the new features to get data action, to fetch specific Shopify data needed for daily reports.
With these new Flow capabilities, you can build:
- Daily reports that notify about unfulfilled or draft orders
- Automatic notifications when a customer places multiple orders shipped to the same location within a 24-hour period
- Daily summaries of low or out-of-stock items
What problems do the new Shopify Flow features solve?
The new features expand automation possibilities exponentially, allowing you to run routine operations regularly, reducing the need for manual work.
Here are some example of operations:
* Every day you could get a summary of orders older than 2 days that are unfulfilled
* Use tags to segment customers based on their orders for last 6 months
* Every hour you could get orders with chargebacks and tag the customer
* Daily notifications on products that are out of stock and a summary email
* Hold orders if customer placed more than 1 order in last 24 hours
* Remove new product tag 90 days after product was created
How to use Shopify Flow
Schedule workflows using these methods:
Launch an operation regularly at fixed intervals every day or month
Example: Sending a reminder email every day to review cancelled orders at 5pm
To do an operation over “all orders”, or “all clients”, etc. You can combine with time scheduling for great automation.
Example: Retrieve a list of unfulfilled orders every day at 5:00 pm. Add the Expedite shipping tag every order in the list.
Determine how many times a certain event happens
Example: Count the number of orders placed by a customer on the last day. If it’s greater than three, send an internal email.
Add together the total of items in a list, provide the sum value.
Example: The total price of orders placed by a customer in the past week is totaled. If the total amount is equal to or greater than 1,000, then a customer tag is applied.
How do you get the best out of the new Shopify Flow features?
By combining time scheduling and operations like count, sum, and for each, it’s possible to generate automations that save several hours of work and can run around the clock. The insights can also help to inform important decisions.
There are endless possibilities to explore to utilise Shopify Flow to alleviate manual work. These features will offer the opportunity to optimise data in inventory, orders, and certain financial figures.
StudioForty - Shopify Plus Partners
StudioForty9 are Ireland’s only Shopify Plus Partners. We have helped many of Ireland’s best known retailers to excel in a dynamic and fast paced online marketplace. With over ten years experience in ecommerce, we can help you to develop strategies that will give you an edge in your industry.
Contact us to get advice on platform migration, customisation or performance marketing, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Banner image by Lukas Blazek on Unsplash